- To complement the Team and to be a senior support to the Secretary General for all technical and industrial aspects of EDSO representation role
- To be the EDSO delegate, with the help of the Project Advisor, in specialised platforms and working groups and task forces where the Association is active
- To be the natural associative counterpart of the services of the European Commission Directorates relevant for the activity of EDSO for Smart Grids
- To be a reference for experts of Member Companies
- Advise with your technical insight the Secretary General, the Board and the Presidency Team
- To represent EDSO in selected symposia or conferences along with Member Companies experts
EDSO for Smart Grids gathers leading European distribution system operators (DSOs) for electricity, cooperating to bring smart grids from vision to reality in Europe and is focused on guiding EU RD&D, policy and Member State regulation to support this development.
Smart grids are a prerequisite to achieving the EU’s ambitious energy and climate objectives to 2020 and beyond – decreasing greenhouse gas emissions, increasing energy efficiency and the strongest driver of all, increasing the share of renewable energy connected to our networks.
EDSO and its members are committed to taking on the challenges offered by the EU Energy Union Strategy, while at the same time ensuring the reliability of Europe’s electricity supply to consumers.
EDSO is the key-interface between Europe’s DSOs and the European institutions, in the evolution of distribution grids supporting the Energy Transition development and large-scale testing of smart grid models and technologies in real-life situations, new market designs and regulation.
SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR (m/f)
To be based in Brussels
- A strong academic background in engineering, science, preferably an electric, electronic engineer
- At least five years of experience in electricity distribution and/or utilities, or industries related to the electricity transmission or distribution
- Mastering of smart grids related technologies and context essential
- Knowledge of European strategy for infrastructure development of electrical power systems through regulation and financing
- A notion, or familiarity with regulatory matters and electricity network codes is a plus
- Strong communication skills with different types of audiences with different levels of technical knowledge
- A quick learner, with curiosity and eagerness towards the Energy Transition and the grids of the future, digitalisation and evolutionary technologies
- Ability to relate with high ranking officials within the EU institutions, academicians, C-Suite directors of member companies
- Ability to work in a small multinational and multicultural team
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English
- A role within an exciting environment which influences the reality of tomorrow
- Working with highly skilled professionals in a vibrant environment
- A competitive remuneration package and a contractual form preferably based on your own management company
Please send your application to Hudson, attn. Katia Van Bel, Marcel Thirylaan 75, 1200 Brussel, tel. +32 2 610 27 55, email Katia.VanBel@jobs.hudson.com, be.hudson.com. Do not forget to mention reference BE758234.
Replies will be dealt with swiftly and in strictest confidence.